Some colleges make college application essay tips an essential part of the entrance process. These essays have to be sent together with the application. Some colleges provide topics for the essays and even limit the amount of words to 600 or little more. Other colleges do not have such strict rules for their application essays.
Here are a few college application essay tips to help you select best topics.
1) The purpose of writing such an essay is to uncover your personality, your thoughts and your skills to the admission officers. So, the essay your write has to be personal. It should reflect your own ideas and ideals. And, it should be written to the point.
2) One of the best college application essay tips is to focus on a topic, on one key point and to develop your thoughts on it, step by step. Start from the beginning and logically lead your thought to a conclusion. To do this, do not jump from one subject to another.
3) Another one of the college application essay tips is to use facts, examples and quotes to back your idea up. Your conclusions, beliefs and your point of view should be based on a solid foundation of facts and events.
4) Do not just write some general stuff. Focus on a specific problem or issue, which is of great concern to you. Write with passion. This cannot be done, unless you write something that you really care about.
5) Avoid just turning your essay into another resume page. Do not try to please the commission and write what you think they want to read. Be true to yourself. Speak out your thoughts and express your feelings.
6) And, do not forget to check your writing for mistakes and typos. They may be viewed as a lack of attention and care in your desire to write a winning essay.
Looking for more college application essay tips to help you select the best topics? Try these additional articles.
Application Essays – Tips for Writing Your Way Into Your Top Choice School
10 Tips for Writing the College Application Essay
Let Go of the College Essay, and Let Your Teenager Speak for Herself