New Year resolutions are made by everyone. Most of the time New Year resolutions are broken, but if kept, it changes your life. The same thing applies to the New Year resolution of teachers as well.
The teachers have to plan continuously, implementing goals and objectives for their students. It is an ongoing process. The teachers have to plan ahead and in the same way it works for their new year goals as well.
When you make a resolution, you plan something. That project has to be implemented giving positive results. Teachers at all levels and all grades have many New Year Resolutions that they can follow.
- The first and the most important resolution is being nice to the students. You have to resolve that you will accept the bad days with grace. Many times teaching won’t go according to schedule, activities won’t be completed on time. You should resolve to keep your patience on such days.
- Always remind yourself as to what it feels like being a student. Stand in their shoes and have patience with their behavior. Never let your students bully you or push you around. They should know their boundaries and keep them to it.
- You can resolve to say something nice to all your students at least once a week, it will perk them up. You can resolve the students who are going through rough times. You should give your moral and emotional support so that the student does not crack. You can resolve to make the students work hard. You can teach them only, the rest they have to do by themselves. In this you can help them by encouraging and motivating them.
- You should also resolve not to compare yourself with any other teacher. Each individual is different from the other and your level of competence will be different from others so be yourself and try to give the best you have.
- To be a good teacher is everyone’s resolution. This can be done with being an up-to-date teacher. You can generate the interest of the students by incorporating current events in the class. You can resolve to check and grade the papers quickly. Keeping healthy is a resolve that won’t let you miss school, so be a fit and alert teacher.
- You have to be creative to hold the attention of students. For this you should resolve to read up on all the latest activities and new ways to present the materials.
To be a successful teacher you should resolve to give your best. When you give your best the students will automatically like you.