It’s good to learn what you can about how motivating students regardless of their gender can really help. There are all kinds of tips that can help you to learn what is needed to make sure this works for you. If you’re a teacher and haven’t been around for all that long, read along to learn what is needed to get ahead.
You have to know that it doesn’t matter whether or not someone is a boy or a girl. You just have to make sure that your lessons are designed so that everyone is treated in an equal manner. Don’t think that just because someone’s a girl, for instance, that they can’t do the same physical activities as a male. There are a lot of teachers out there that aren’t sure of how to behave towards each student, but it doesn’t come down to gender it comes down to what that student learns like.
It’s always a smart plan to start motivating students to do the right thing no matter what.
- Tell them, for example, that if they are witness to something like a fight that they are able to figure out who to talk to about it. You don’t want to tell the boys to do something one way and the girls to do it another. Everyone should be treated as an equal, and so that’s why everyone should get the same instructions on how to deal with situations.
- When you design any of your lessons, make sure that there’s a place for each person to do an equal amount of work. Don’t just put it all on one gender group, as each person is the same in the way that they’re able to learn. You have to do what you can to make sure you’re able to get everyone in the same place mentally. Try to learn about your students and what they enjoy specifically so you can cater to their needs. However, don’t single out just one or two people depending on what they are like, try to get the whole class to learn about new ways of learning something.
- Singling out people due to their gender is something that can damage them for a long time to come. You need to be careful, and if you have been told by someone that you’re not doing the right thing it’s always good to change up what you can do. All in all you will find it to be beneficial to keep people on the same level. Listen to parents, students, and even other teachers if you need to get advice as to whether or not you’re being fair.
- When you have people that aren’t able to learn all that well through how you’re teaching at this time you should make sure that you ask what you can do to make things a little more motivating to get done. For example, you may have a child that isn’t good at learning from reading, but once you show them how to do something they are more motivated to try it themselves. Then you can learn how to incorporate how to do some visual learning along with the book kind, and that way they’ll know that it’s easy to learn if they just follow your lessons.
- A lot of kids may have trouble getting excited about certain subjects. If you’re someone that has issues with making your students get motivated about something, try to come up with a reward system. You could give out candy or some other prize to those that do the assignment and do well on it. However, don’t think that boys and girls should each get something different. You don’t want them to start thinking that you’re only doing something special for one group or another, because that wouldn’t be fair to one or the other gender.
Learn about motivation by seeking out books on the matter. There are quite a few options that you can work with if you just are willing to give it a shot. All in all you’re going to have to deal with quite a bit when you’re a teacher. If you don’t have students that can be able to get excited about the work they’re doing it can take its toll on you. Try to get online to look for more advice and ask other teachers what they would recommend so you can get well rounded advice.
Now that you’re more well versed in motivating students no matter what their gender is you can use it to your advantage. By using this advice, it’s not so hard to make sure everyone is treated in a fair manner. Just do your best to work through the options and it should go well for you.