Parents feel isolated if they are not involved in the school activities. Involving parents in their kids school activities is a very good way, where the child can progress well. The parents provide structure, guidance and support to make their kids successful in their life.
As per today’s scenario Parents should be able to come any time to the school and sit in the classes when required. If there’s any problem, the school must call the parent for the benefit of the child. They are to be asked to assist the child in their homework assignments as this will give them the knowledge of what’s going in their child’s class.
Parents can get involved only when they are told about the benefits of their involvement. They have to understand that education is not the sole responsibility of the teacher, but they too need to get involved.
When a new year starts for the kid at school, it is the responsibility of the teachers to make sure that they let the parent know about the future activities, so that they can plan ahead.
These are a few points which can help teachers to plan out start of school.
• Inform the parents about the start date at least one week earlier, so that they can end any vacation they might have taken.
• Give the list of books for the child to the parent early enough so that they can arrange for it.
• Prepare the list of possible holidays in advance, so that parents can plan their schedule.
• Give them the list of activities that are going to be held in school in the long run, as parents needs to prepare for them in advance.
• Insist on parents-teacher meetings so that parents have an idea about their kid’s progress.
• Talk to the parents before commencement of the new classes as to see is there any doubts that they have regarding the classes or schools.
• Tell parents how they can improve communication with their children.
• They should be given their child’s academic curriculum well in advance.
Parents are also supposed to inquire all about the schools and teacher well in advance before letting their kid join a particular school. They have to become a guide for kids along with the teachers. So now that schools are resuming, plan out well for your kids, and as an advice for teachers, be prepared for new kids and their parents.