Homeschooling is gaining popularity day by day. There has been a drastic increase in the number of parents who are educating their kids at home. Parents are considering homeschooling a good option for their kids.
In fact, its popularity has increased so much that special curriculum is being prepared for homeschooling. There are special teachers who are being hired for homeschooling and they are especially trained to teach homeschoolers. These teachers are well versed with the system so that they can deliver their best.
Homeschooling has been increasing for various reasons. Some parents start with homeschooling, others shift their children from public school system because of a series of events.
Some of the reasons due to which parents are shifting to homeschooling after trying regular public school system are:
1. Many times a kid is labeled ADHD (Attention Deficient Hyperactivity Disorder), so to improve the performance of poorly performing kids, homeschooling is a good option as the child gets special attention both by parents and teachers involved in homeschooling.
2. Many family situations count for homeschooling kids like the death of their mother, financial issues, connectivity to proper school etc. In some cases kids become very troublesome for the teachers and other students and need the special attention of the father or another family member.
3. Sometimes kids are bullied by other students and they are not strong enough to respond back. This leads to less attention in subjects and classroom, so their parents prefer homeschooling as it will not hamper their studies.
4. Homeschooling is a major factor when it comes to special children as they get proper attention in homeschooling and their needs are looked after. This way they are close to their parents who look after them and can study through a proper channel as well.
5. Parents who are capable of taking charge of their child’s study generally opt for homeschooling as they are confident enough to do so. However, they should always weigh the pros and cons of homeschooling with respect to their child’s personality and capability as no two kids are the same.
There are plenty of resources and teachers who are willing to offer guidance. Some teachers are opting for teaching homeschooling students as it is not time bound and flexible. There are various online sites that offer homeschooling and or properly designed curriculum for the homeschoolers. You can get a subject specific curriculum as well as whole curriculum at once.