As the summer break ends students, teachers and parents start gearing up for school. For some of them the previous year may not have proved good but they are planning to start school with new dreams and hopes.
The school will see many new faces of students and parents and may also be joined by new staff. The school has to be ready to welcome all of them.
Parents, students and teachers hope for improvement for the current year. The school has to make them all feel comfortable by welcoming and including them in the school and keeping them motivated.
Ways to welcome students, teachers and parents
When a teacher is new to the school he/she always looks for motivation from the senior staff or the principal. Even a smile can boost the moral of the teacher. To build the faith and relation with new staff is essential both for teachers and for the school.
- Before starting with the daily schedule you may have a small welcome party in the school for the teachers to introduce them to the management and the students.
- Bring them a gift as a token of welcome. This small piece will show appreciation in a good way. Mentor them and also try to listen and give them the opportunity to talk about what’s on their minds.
New students also look for some kind of help and appreciation from the school.
- The teacher should always remember to keep some extra supplies in the class which a student needs. This will help in making the new student’s first day easier.
- The teacher should also help her old students to gain understanding for newcomers.
- Always introduce yourself to a new student with a smile and make eye contact when meeting for the first time.
- After few days of school the teacher should spend some time with the new student to know whether he/she is enjoying being in the class and as well in the school.
Like every newcomer the parents also need help to know the school better and want to feel comfortable and accepted by the school. Here the management and the teacher have to work jointly to make the parent feel welcomed and involved in the school.
- Parents always want to have a clear idea whether their child is entering a classroom with a teacher who is knowledgeable and skilled in his/her field to promote their child’s development.
- School should also set some days in a month for parents to communicate with them regarding their child and also for their suggestions to help the school perform better.