This guide has been written as a means of helping teens deal with bullying in both traditional and modern forms. Bullying has always been an issue for kids in school. Many schools adopt a “no bullying” policy that allows zero tolerance for bullying that takes place on campus. Therefore, people who are inclined to be bullies have sought out alternative locations for mistreating others.
Today, bullies are also using internet technology to intimidate other teens. This kind of bullying is known as cyber-bullying. Knowing how to recognize whether your teen is a bully, or a victim of bullying can help you begin to correct the problem.
This guide will discuss:
- The definitions of bullying and cyber-bullying
- The reasons that kids become bullies
- Some insights into understanding bullying
- How to help parents and teachers recognize bullies and victims of bullying
- How to help bullies understand why bullying is bad
- Tips for teens about dealing with bullies
- Guidance for parents and teachers about dealing with bullying