E-learning known as electronic learning is a method of education used for web-based distance education, where in there is no face-to-face interaction.
E-learning has gained popularity in recent times. It is very beneficial in adding value in organizational matters, like it is easier to access information and there is flexibility with respect to time and place. It is a facility that reduces the travel time and associated costs. It eliminates the expense and inconvenience of getting the teachers and students in the same premise.
E-learning provides an experience that contains three distinct learning styles.
• Visual learners
• Kinesthetic learners
• Auditory learners
Now let’s come to the advantages of e-learning to students.
1) One can log-in and get all blended learning courses on the World Wide Web environment.
2) Students can learn independently in any time and place. E-Learning is self-paced and the learning sessions are available all time.
3) Students can customize the course material as per their own needs. They have added control over their learning process and are able to better understand the subject.
4) E- Learning gives supporting environment to all individuals for learning methods.
5) Students get single central location for all course materials.
6) Students get a chance for enhanced exchange with other students and qualified teachers which are based on communication and information technologies.
7) E-learning provides improved organization for regular studies like meeting assignment deadlines, homework etc.
8) Students can deal with teachers who are highly qualified, but cannot reach because of distance barriers, now with e- learning coming in scene they can give their inputs and help students in their research.
9) Students have an option to choose what they like. E- Learning draws students to topics they like and enjoy.
Now let’s evaluate the advantages for teachers.
10) First and foremost, the method of teaching becomes more interactive.
11) Teachers can prepare single document for all different types of students, so that they don’t need to do it again and again.
12) Timing is also flexible for teachers, they can do this with continuation to their regular classes in schools.
13) They can get more and more information on net, that they embed in their course materials.
14) Interaction with students become more appropriate. When students are sharing their problems with teachers, since it’s not face to face they fear less and can ask their problems freely