The question arises why does a student need extra credit. Does the student need it because he or she had fallen behind. In that case it is always best to keep up.
In case the student is doing all their homework and still not able to make up work then the student should go ahead and take the help of the teacher on the part they don’t understand.
If it does not work there are a few steps students can follow to get extra credit which are stated below:
• Every teacher does not give extra credit, but still you can ask for it as it is worth asking! In case the student feels that the teacher may get resistant, then finish up the list of projects which they think they can complete. This will show that the student is serious.
• Try keeping various ideas in mind if suppose the teacher does not agree to it. When you are planning the ideas make sure to focus on the ideas which emphasize your strength.
• In case the student has missed few points along the way and now wants a few extra credits, to do so wait and listen. Some teachers announce definite opportunities to get those credits. Just keep in mind the opportunities and go for it.
• Try finishing your projects and hand them in on time. Keep your aim to be accurate and complete.
• Learning things from the project will support you to get extra credits, as it will also help for the test which improves the grades of the student.
• Try attending the classes regularly. The probability to grant the request of extra credit increases when the teacher finds the student showing up for class regularly.
• Studying for your tests properly also helps because at the end of every test, teachers usually give two or three extra credit questions. It is the best way to achieve extra credits.
• Participation of the student in class discussions is important. The teachers usually use it as a measure when the grade floats between two different grades. When you are participating regularly it will bring your grade up.
• The student should go the extra mile while completing reports and writing papers. It will make the teachers give extra credit for the effort made by the student.
• Completing the projects and assignments which have extra credits fast and on time and with the best effort gives you the opportunity for extra credit again and again.