Toddlers who learn two languages (bilingual) learn words quickly – advantages for reading and speaking English and preparing for preschool/kindergarten.
Toddlers who are exposed to two languages develop flexibility in learning strategies. Infants are helped by well defined time frame and adapt their native language very quickly and easily
Bilingual homes provide more opportunity
Toddlers who are brought up in bilingual homes can learn double as much about the language as the monolingual ones, but there is not a key difference in the speed of learning. These children quickly adapt to learn the speech structures. If a chance of learning two different things is given to both the kids, the bilingual kids will acquire two languages at the given time as they are the more flexible learners, whereas the monolingual will just adapt one.
Method of learning two languages
The bilingual has more knowledge of learning. Bilinguals have a definite method which helps in extracting patterns from two languages, simultaneously before they are able to speak up. They learn different set of assets from each language, without mixing the two of them, from a multi-language input. They adapt two languages in a mixed input environment. They not only have the experience of learning but also have the ability to observe different language structures at the same time.
English should be one of the two languages
Hence, it is very important for the toddlers to learn two languages among which English should be one of them. Apart from their native languages the toddlers should know how to speak in English as it is the best time when a kid can easily adapt two languages at the same time.
There are various advantages of reading and speaking English when preparing for preschool or kindergarten.
- These days English is the important and compulsory language used in all schools.
- The English language course improves the language skills of the child.
- It helps them in communicating easily with other kids and the teachers in the school as English being the common language.
- When English is taught in schools, it includes literature, writing and communication skills with others. Grammar is important for reading and writing and expressing points.
- By learning English kids learn to know parts of speech, which is important while you are communicating with others.
- Kids can use this language to explain the situations, actions and their meanings.
- This is the most common language. It is not only used in the school but all over the world, hence it gets easier for the kid to communicate with anyone, anywhere.
- This language also improves the thinking skills of the child.
Originally posted 2009-08-22 08:27:00.