High school students have a very busy life. They do not get time for themselves but that’s not good enough.
One has to learn how to balance between their school and part time job, and equally their friends and family.
They get up in the morning early, go to school, and do all the extracurricular activities. Then they have their part time jobs to handle. With all this pressure, they squeeze of their personal life with SMS, MySpace notes, sending scraps on Orkut etc.
It is hard to balance all these things. Here are a few tips to do it.
• Take a part time job with flexible hours of work. There are so many which you can accommodate with classes, clubs, sport practice, and entertainment. Most common one comes as working in restaurants or retail network.
• Always make a schedule and stick to it. It helps a lot as you know what is to be done and in how much time so you can give time equally to school, job, and friends. A little discipline always helps, so does setting up your priorities. This routine will tell you how much time can be given for your entertainment, like chilling out with friends, or catching up with them via the Internet. This teaches you time management for the long run.
• We all know that money matters. This is one of the biggest reasons for students doing part time jobs. It’s good to earn pocket money, but they should not use it for wrong purposes. So parents need to keep a check on it. But if you work too much you don’t even have time to use this money properly, hence balancing becomes important.
• It is also important that if you are working, it does not hamper your studies. At this time of life studies take the number one slot in your priority list. Your teachers must always be aware of your jobs, as they can help you out in a time of great need. Talk to you teacher in a calm mood and at that time be direct, do not hide the situation from them. Admit what’s true, and why are you want the job.
• Your employer must also know that you are a student, and then he will let you work in an environment of less pressure.
• Lastly no need to hide it from your friends. They must know you are busy because you are earning money for yourself.
Originally posted 2009-09-01 09:36:16.